The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade grants state governments power to pass restrictive abortion laws and ban abortion outright. There are currently many states without clinics providing abortion care, leaving entire regions without accessible abortion care. We all deserve access to abortion clinics that are rooted in our communities, with expert medical providers we trust.
Roe was never enough. It granted important legal rights but left behind too many people without the means to actually access abortion care. We see a future where abortion is liberated from criminalization, legal restrictions, shame, fear, and all barriers to care.
ABORTION LAWS IN YOUR STATE
Check out this up-to-date, comprehensive resource from the Guttmacher Institute to learn more about abortion laws in your state and nationally here.
Support abortion funds
Abortion funds help provide financial and logistical assistance to pregnant people who cannot affort the cost of an abortion, like transportation costs and other support services.
In your state
Keep Our Clinics
Abortion Liberation Fund
D.C. Abortion Fund
Keep Our Clinics
New Jersey Abortion Access Fund
New York Abortion Access Fund
Carolina Abortion Fund
Women’s Health and Education Fund
Clinic Access Support Network
Fund Texas Choice
Texas Equal Access Fund
The Bridge Collective
Jane’s Due Process
Support Your Sistah at the Afiya Center
Lilith Fund for Reproductive Equity
Avow Texas (Previously NARAL Pro-Choice Texas)
Buckle Bunnies Fund
Utah Abortion Fund
Support abortion clinics
Abortion clinics are community-based reproductive health clinics that provide essential, time-sensitive services to patients who need them the most. Donations to clinics cover tangible expenses like increased security costs, building repairs, PPE and hazard pay for staff, and sometimes legal fees.
- Keep Our Clinics: Support independent community providers who are responsible for the majority of abortion care in the US.
- Adopt-a-Clinic: Support abortion providers and patients directly by ordering needed items from their wish lists!
Use Your Voice
Get loud on social media
Having honest and accurate conversations about abortion is an important part of advocating for abortion rights, but it can be tricky to know what to say. Share these graphics to guide conversations.
Show your support
Whether or not you’ve had an abortion, you have a story. Planned Parenthood is here to help you share why you support legal access to abortion. Your story can help break stigma, support others, and change minds.
Share your abortion story
Sharing abortion stories brings us together. Sharing your story can be cathartic and help you prepare to share with your loved ones. You’ll also see your star plotted on We Testify’s abortion story map among others.
WATCH: OUR POST-ROE WORLD
We came together with Planned Parenthood, abortion advocates, legal experts, healthcare providers, and other partners to discuss how the SCOTUS decision to overturn Roe v. Wade will impact access to abortion in your state. View the recording here.
- M+A Hotline is a confidential and secure phone and text hotline for people in need of support for self-managed miscarriage or abortion.
- The Repro Legal Helpline is a free, confidential source for legal advice and information on self-managed abortion, like abortion pills.
- The Repro Legal Defense Fund provides financial assistance to people criminalized for self-managed abortion and pregnancy loss.
- Judicial Bypass Wiki is a website that provides legal support to young people who need an abortion without involving their parents.
- Abortion Defense Network a program to connect people facing legal threats related to abortion care with attorneys who will provide legal advice and representation.
Find a clinic
- INeedAnA.com provides vetted, up-to-date, and personalized information on how to get an abortion (no search or user data saved).
- AbortionFinder.org features the most comprehensive directory of over 750 trusted (and verified) abortion service providers in the United States.
- Plan C maintains a 50-state guide to abortion pills by mail and telehealth, plus FAQs and medical and legal hotlines, for safe self-managed abortion.
- Abortion On Our Own Terms campaign is geared towards providing information, research, messaging and resources for supporting self-managed abortion.
- The Doula Project guide to practicing self-care before, during, and after your abortion.
- Whole Woman’s Health guide to preparing for your self-managed abortion.
- Hey Favor helps break down what’s happening, including information about emergency contraception, and connects you with resources, and ways to show support and to help others.
- Practical Support Organizations (PSO’s) help abortion seekers with travel and logistical support.
- ReproductiveRights.gov The Biden Administration launched a website on your right to access reproductive health care, including birth control, abortion services, other preventative health services, and health insurance coverage.
Many resources on this site are from our organizational partners. Learn more and follow the Liberate Abortion coalition.
USOW believes that everyone should have complete autonomy to decide what is best for their own body, livelihood, and future. Abortion is an essential part of reproductive justice which includes gender-affirming healthcare, contraception, assisted reproductive services, HIV care, pregnancy care, parenting resources, and more.