Take the pledge to become an abortion advocate.
BREAKING: The United States Supreme Court overturned Roe vs. Wade. The right to have an abortion is no longer federally protected.
We will fight with everything we’ve got to build a country in which everyone who needs an abortion has access to the care they need.
Now more than ever, we need abortion advocates to join us in an effort to protect abortion access. Pledge to be an abortion advocate with USOW today, and to take your activism to the next level.
USOW is proud to be a part of the Liberate Abortion Coalition, a multitactical coalition of over 100 organizations who have come together to expand power, grow compassion, provide education, and build a groundswell of support for abortion access across the United States.
The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade grants state governments power to pass restrictive abortion laws and ban abortion outright. This is dangerous for everyone. Last year, over 561 abortion restrictions, including 165 abortion bans, were introduced across 47 states.
Nearly one in four women in the United States will have an abortion by the age of 45. Attacks on reproductive justice are inextricably rooted in racism and misogyny. There is a long history of systems failing to protect reproductive freedom. There is also an important history of the ways that women, led by Black women, have built movements to liberate themselves and reclaim their bodily autonomy. Access to abortion for pregnant people is essential for true gender and racial justice.
ABORTION LAWS IN YOUR STATE
Check out this up-to-date, comprehensive resource from the Guttmacher Institute to learn more about abortion laws in your state and nationally here.
OUR POST-ROE WORLD
We came together with Planned Parenthood, abortion advocates, legal experts, healthcare providers, and other partners to discuss how the SCOTUS decision to overturn Roe v. Wade will impact access to abortion in your state. View the recording here.
Support abortion funds
Abortion funds help provide financial and logistical assistance to pregnant people who cannot affort the cost of an abortion, like transportation costs and other support services.
In your state
Keep Our Clinics
Abortion Liberation Fund
D.C. Abortion Fund
Keep Our Clinics
Silver State Hope Fund
New Jersey Abortion Access Fund
New York Abortion Access Fund
Carolina Abortion Fund
Women’s Health and Education Fund
Clinic Access Support Network
Fund Texas Choice
Texas Equal Access Fund
The Bridge Collective
Jane’s Due Process
Support Your Sistah at the Afiya Center
Lilith Fund for Reproductive Equity
Avow Texas (Previously NARAL Pro-Choice Texas)
Buckle Bunnies Fund
Utah Abortion Fund
Support abortion clinics
Abortion clinics are community-based reproductive health clinics that provide essential, time-sensitive services to patients who need them the most. Donations to clinics cover tangible expenses like increased security costs, building repairs, PPE and hazard pay for staff, and sometimes legal fees.
- Keep Our Clinics: Support independent community providers who are responsible for the majority of abortion care in the US.
- Adopt-a-Clinic: Support abortion providers and patients directly by ordering needed items from their wish lists!
Use Your Voice
Get loud on social media
Having honest and accurate conversations about abortion is an important part of advocating for abortion rights, but it can be tricky to know what to say. Share these graphics to guide conversations.
Show your support
Whether or not you’ve had an abortion, you have a story. Planned Parenthood is here to help you share why you support legal access to abortion. Your story can help break stigma, support others, and change minds.
Share your abortion story
Sharing abortion stories brings us together. Sharing your story can be cathartic and help you prepare to share with your loved ones. You’ll also see your star plotted on We Testify’s abortion story map among others.
- M+A Hotline is a confidential and secure phone and text hotline for people in need of support for self-managed miscarriage or abortion.
- The Repro Legal Helpline is a free, confidential source for legal advice and information on self-managed abortion, like abortion pills.
- The Repro Legal Defense Fund provides financial assistance to people criminalized for self-managed abortion and pregnancy loss.
- Judicial Bypass Wiki is a website that provides legal support to young people who need an abortion without involving their parents.
- INeedAnA.com provides vetted, up-to-date, and personalized information on how to get an abortion (no search or user data saved).
- AbortionFinder.org features the most comprehensive directory of over 750 trusted (and verified) abortion service providers in the United States.
- Practical Support Organizations (PSO’s) help abortion seekers with travel and logistical support.
- ReproductiveRights.gov The Biden Administration launched a website on your right to access reproductive health care, including birth control, abortion services, other preventative health services, and health insurance coverage.
- Plan C maintains a 50-state guide to abortion pills by mail and telehealth, plus FAQs and medical and legal hotlines, for safe self-managed abortion.
- Hey Favor helps break down what’s happening, including information about emergency contraception, and connects you with resources, and ways to show support and to help others.
Many resources on this site are from our organizational partners. Learn more and follow the Liberate Abortion coalition.
USOW believes that everyone should have complete autonomy to decide what is best for their own body, livelihood, and future. Abortion is an essential part of reproductive justice which includes gender-affirming healthcare, contraception, assisted reproductive services, HIV care, pregnancy care, parenting resources, and more.